Can you believe mother natures natural beauty annoys some people..how can that be ? In my view, I think it's the 'looking without opening your eyes syndrome'. In fairness, when we are driving somewhere, we are obviously on our way to a destination and in true human tradition, we are generally rushing as we are subject to elements we have no control over such as traffic, road works, accidents, flooded roads and often some annoying person who has broken down and caused a lane obstruction.
Let's look at that again...
- So you are stationary on the Motorway..have you noticed what's above you? The most beautiful birds of prey spend their days around the edges of motorways, hovering ready to take a snack to their young. They are glorious, if you whizzed past them, you wouldn't be able to see the amazing colours in their wings, the position they hold whilst gliding effortless in the air scanning the ground. They are stunning.
- I hear people say how boring some journeys are..I really can't believe the missed opportunities to look around and realise what is in between "A to B".
- Do you ever wonder how those involved in a road traffic accident are? do you make time in your thoughts for a quick "I hope everyone is ok"? Whilst you are simply running behind schedule, someone may be fighting for their life.
- As everyone rubber necks past someone who has broken down, it's very rare there is another vehicle with them belonging to someone who has stopped to ask "can I help, are you ok?" Often they are a family, often it's cold and wet...even if you just offer your phone to make a very important call or a drink or a blanket they may not have themselves.
- My favourite 'crawling in the traffic' pass time is looking into the fields running alongside the lanes and spotting the new lambs springing around like little Tigger from Winnie the Pooh and the that one horse that suddenly decides to thunder around as fast as he can just for a moment. How many different varieties of cow can you spot ?(I adore Highland cattle), can you tell what crops are growing in the fields? we have an amazing agricultural industry, when harvest time comes, I always hope that the crops are good and wish the farmers a good Harvest. They work so very hard.
Little opportunities, small but very rewarding, remind us that we are able to notice and benefit from so much if we just look.
Thanks for reading x